vendredi 24 septembre 2010

Update

Elpm members on a medicinal plant course in the 'Haut-Loire' region of France.
Sabine, an ex-herbalist student proudly show off the Gentiana lutea (Greta Yellow Gentian) with its precious root, a great bitter tonic for the digestive system.
You probably thought I had disappeared and was never going to come back to this blog again......another blogger that started out with good intentions but then faded away into nothingness. Well no, here I am again or now I should say, here we are, as the blog is now going to act as a communication tool for Cross-cultural herbalism or "Herbalisme sans Frontières" as it is known here in France, until our website is up and running. Since getting back from south America, the setting up and putting into place of our new organisation has advanced. We have our first new members, the seed group has begun to take form with different people active in different countries and our first newsletter is in the process of being put together.
In the messages that I will post over the next couple of weeks , I will profile on members I have visited, the seed group team and our trip to Herbfest in the UK to get things up to date, after which I promise to update regularly. The group photo is an ELPM summer medicinal plant course in the "Haut-Loire" region of France and the other is Sabine an ex ELPM herbalist student proudly holding up a Gentiana lutea (Great yellow Gentian) with its precious root, a great bitter tonic for the digestive system.

2 commentaires:

  1. Please forward the newsletter to jeannette.marasco@teck.com
    I'm an herbalist in training: Wild Rose College, Canada
    What's meant by ex herbalist?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. hello...my name is gentian....this flower so rare i think...it was used bc for curing solders...do you know for what exaclty can be used.the last king gentius th 2-nd of illyria(today's albania)had the name gentius-gent-gentian.my email is apollotrade@hotmail.com.please hit me back

    RépondreSupprimer